There is a whole suite of tools available for landowners to protect their lands. They include:
- Conservation easements – a legal agreement between a property owner and a qualified organization that restricts future activities on the land to protect its conservation values to
- Fee title acquisition – donation or sale of property to another entity for conservation
- Legacy gifts – leaving behind land or a piece of estate to support conservation
- Mutual covenants – an agreement between several landowners to restrict certain rights on their land
- Limited development – using various tools and strategies to limit development of the property
- Like-kind exchanges – exchanging property for another asset without generating a current tax liability from the sale of the first asset
These are just a few of your options. If you are interested in conserving your property, we will work with you to find the option that works best for you.